My 12 last quotes before my death about the Bounty reading:
- “Our lord has reserved a special place in limbo for those who put an end to themselves.” -to me this sentence is important because people who want to put an end to their life. Also they want to put an end to their life and nobody asked them for it.
- “Having the militia arrest you and send you to the everglades for eternity.” -during the war if the militia finds you they will bring you to a place where you supposed to stay for the eternity.
- “A man of courage’’ – he (Cole) thinks he have courage by running away and go find his sister in Mexico.
- “He is not really dead, he is performing.” -this is one of the lines that show that there is sarcasm in the story and it can get you confuse. Because most of the time the story changes and the narrator is explaining his past.
- “You peasant girls are all robust but naïve as to the ways of the world” -this shows that they are different type of class such as rich and poor so the people under have o follow up the one that are on the top.
- “I’m still her brother” -this relate to the first reading which says that the brother will sacrifice his life for his sister. Even though he doesn’t really know why his sister left him without telling him he will go and find him.
- I can’t help but feel I was born in the wrong age. People then were giants, royalty possessed at unimaginable largesse and unprecedented power to do good.” – In this sentence the narrator is explain how unlucky he think he is and that maybe if he was born some years later he will lucky enough and not be threatened the same way he is being treating.
- “Having loved ones die tragically earns big victors. Sometimes for a birthday present a wife will cheat on his husband with one of his friends.” This proves that the narrator don’t really believe in big love because it always ends up bad. In the story the narrator doesn’t say this line however I can say that he agree with this line. Because he had one love one and she refused him because of his flaw.
- “Each pain are called a victor.” This shows that pain in life happens so often and it will not mind if they change the name of it because it will actually. Also our narrator has experienced a lot of pain such as his parents living him at a young age.
- “The Ultimate guiltier ritual’s when one of them goes into a frenzy.” To me this sentence means tat when you have a family member when you are separated from them that will be at that time that you will start realizing that those people are really important to you and that you might sacrifice your life for them.
- What is the name of your story?
- What outcome did your group pick for this week?
Outcome 19 Student Analysis G.S. stories trough the lens of Sociological Imagination.
- In one at least two paragraphs, explain how the outcome is related to your story.
This outcome is related to my story because our narrator Cole is having a individual problem which is to go find his sister and get out of the place he use to be. Now that he run away he will have to trust people around him because he doesn`t know them but he needs them to overcome the obstacles he is facing in this journey. This connects to sociological imagination because in this time period there is a war happening there so nobody will trust its partner because they don’t know where they will end up at the end of the day. If they will die or if they would end up in a camp where they will receive orders and work as slaves.
Remember, this is a big part of how your individual outcome will be assessed and determined.
So we all know that the prom will end at 12:00 AM ….And we dont want to go home that early…So i think we should look for an American Club that we all could go to and enjoy that special day!!!!!
Last week we have learn many things and one of them was sociological imagination which means that sociological imagination is the capacity to see how social outcomes result from the combination of large scale social forces and the actions of individuals. I have used this in my life as an image to show me how life is and how its suppose to be. Such as when we used the pictures in class and wrote a flash fiction about it by showing that peoples problem can be connected to the society problems. In this story I have made some research to understand what sociological imagination really means. This week will be learning more about sociological imagination and make things clearer such as the questions that I had when I understood the meaning of sociological imagination.
Sokhna Mariama Faye
Ne dis pas sa fo pa laisser tomber c sa le secret :-)
CONGRATS TO MAH BABYANGEL HE HAD A 95 ON HIS ENGLISH REGENTS WE SO BE PROUD OF OUR LATINOS LOL .KEEP IT UP BB
congradulation baby so proud of u…angel is in the building!!!!!!
In 1984 I was arrested after a long day looking for my wife. Today I know I will probably die so I have to say that my name is Nathan and I have a wife and two daughters. Yesterday in the news I heard that my cousin was killed he was also from china. When I heard that after work I went home where everyone was missing. I directly knew that she was killed by the soldiers. He start running I didn’t know where to go and didn’t have anything to protect myself with. I knew the soldiers will find me and will kill me. But I preferred to run until I was tired I end up next to the beach. I started crying because I missed my family and I didn’t have any hope of them being alive. I though about swimming to get back to my country because I couldn’t go to the airport before I get there I will die. However I really need to go back to my country I can’t stay here it’s too dangerous. Right now I wish I could be superman and just fly away. Now I can feel that this government never took things very seriously because now that there is a war they gave all the power to the soldiers that are killing whoever they want to kill. However they making them suffer before to kill them. Therefore they don’t know that there is a war going on and that they will be no more immigrants in this country. I will die because these soldiers have his gun pointed on my head and I really don’t care anymore if he kills me or let me go. The only thing I know is that I never wanted to die this way by some stupid soldiers who think that there are the governments.
The sociological imagination is the capacity to see how social outcomes result from the combination of large scale social forces and the actions of individuals. in my story this is roven when the soldiers start killing people without excuse. However at that time gthe government should be reacting and stop it. Therefore they were fighting for another country issue. In that case some people will be powerful and some will be weak. The soldiers and the immigrants can not get along because one side is affred and some other one just like to kill them because they different. however they are thee ones that makes a community.
- The Chinese guy who will get kill ay any moment needs to run away and find his wife and tell them that are illegal immigrants. And that they need to go back to their country because the war just started and he didn’t want to go fight.
- The soldiers are going around the city looking for people who does not belong to this country. When they find them they will not hesitated to kill them.
- After that the soldiers found him and he knows he will get killed he doesn’t know what to do.
- The Chinese guy is now thinking that he wish he could be batman or superman and disappear from the soldiers who are going to kill him.
- In this country some people are going to have a lot of power towards other and they will not have the right to do many things to them.
- A lot of immigrants are running away because they scare. Also the government ut those soldiers in action to make them be like that. therefore they doing that to push the immigrants away.
- The soldiers and the immigrants hate each other however they are the ones who form a community and while they fighting, killing and hating each other they destroying there community.
- In this country there is racism going on.
- Also a war just started so things are not ok right now.
- At that time only a certain type of people could survive when they were found by the soldiers.
- The government had power however they were too busy fighting for another country problem which have lead them to a war.
Part 1: Look
1. Go to www.nytimes.com and click on the search button on the upper left hand of the screen (leaving the search box blank.)
2. Click on the Advanced Search button (again leaving the search box blank.)
3. Click on the Custom Date Range button and enter your date of birth in both “from” and “to.” Don’t put any keywords in the search box and click on the search button.
4. Scroll Down to bottom section: “Refine your search results by section.” Choose a section to peruse.
- South African whites ratify De Klerkk`s move to negotiate with blacks on a new order.
- Israel shifts way of picking premier.
- 14 to 20 are dead in embassy blast
- Japan keeps Ban on Birth Control Pill.
- Israel considers effect of rebuff by bush on U.S loan guarantee.
- Yugoslav groups reach an accord.
- Polish Government completes a budget approved by I.M.F
- Munch journal: last straw? Refugees occupy beer’s fabled find.
- U.N sending envoy to Aid Burmese Refugees.
- Yeltsim says Ukraine will give up Nuclear Arms.
By looking at all this event that happens in March 1992 I came to the conclusion that all is different after a while Japan keeps ban on birth control pill. This showed me that people in Japan could now use protection against pregnancy. These however have provided a lot of problems to Japan because most of the people that were living there did not want agree with that. So it was kind of a big problem.
Before doing this activity were you aware of any of these events and that they occurred on your birthday?
I didn’t have no idea that this could be happening the day I was born. Actually I never though about what happen the day I was born the only thing I know abut it is that I was actually born.
Is there anything about any of these events that surprises you?
Yes the one that the Yeltsim actually give up their arms and stop fighting with Ukraine. It makes me feel good because now I know that the day I was born peace was made.
Do you have any connections, large or small to any of these events?
Me personally I don’t have any connections with all this listed above.
Do you think that any of these events had an impact, large or small, on your life or those of your family members that you know of?
Yes the one with the arms have affected me because now I am scare of arms. And it really made me life scary because of that event maybe it’s the reason why.
3. Explain why you think you accomplished the outcomes we came up with: “Student recognizes what sociology is and how it is different from natural sciences and other social sciences.”
I recognize the fact that sociology is about our society and how it affects it. Also during that experience I found out that there was more in sociology than what we only talk about in class. Such as sociology is the thing that happens in our society .I also could tell how it is very different from other natural science. For example its different from political science because political science is most likely based on the government and how the government work. Therefore I found out that these two words have some connections however we can always find other differences such as how sociology is different to economist. Sociology is different from economy because economy is how we control our money. We control our money by saving and getting only the things we really need. However the society does the saving however sociology doesn’t mind about how the society saves its money but how the society works.
Based on today’s reading and worksheet #3, write 1-3 paragraphs explaining how sociology is different from other social sciences.
- Sociology has many differences compare to other social science. For example in political science people mostly worry about how the government should be governed and if it’s doing it right or wrong. Therefore in sociology it’s all about the community and how it should work. Here is the difference in political science they care more about the government and in sociology the society is more important then anything else.
- In economics everything will be about how our society will share or distribute the goods and services in our society. But it’s still different from sociology because sociology doesn’t include the services or the goods that are needed in our society. However it’s all about the fact that the society is comfortable and needs to be taken care.
- Psychology is a serious problem in our society and it have more similarities than the difference that it have with sociology is that psychology is more about mental problems and we have psychologist that works with those people to try to make them feel better. Also try to make the society more healthy however it is very different from sociology because sociology is only about the way the society is organized.